Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

While Thursdays are often a no-see-him day for me, we all went to lunch. I took the kids to the booth, while mom enjoyed her own thoughts in the long line. While the kids and I were conversing (ok, maybe grunting and making funny sounds -- but its our style of communication), mom held up her bag and noted that her wallet had been purloined at our house (the usual suspect is a pint sized cute blonde with pigtails). So Timmy grabbed my card and delivered it to mom in line. Unfortunately for mom, he wasn't quiet about it. There were several chuckles.

We ate lunch and then went for treats. I think half of Kassie's chocolate chip cookie went in through cheek osmosis, as there was not much left and a good portion was attached to her skin. Timmy, on the other hand, laid down in the booth, wishing to drift off.

There's nothing that seems to grab attention of small children more than, "Hey, who wants presents?" Timmy's half mast eyes jumped up at the same time as his head went straight up and his body slid underneath him (a very surreal experience, let me tell you). Kassie's cheeks exhaled a good portion of the cookie in process with an "I do." And they got their presents.

Ever tried to mess with a dog while its eating. Not a good idea. You're liable to come back shredded. That's the face that Kassie gave when you tried to mess with her unopened bucket of gummi bears. Those front teeth are as sharp and mean as any rabbit I've ever seen (anybody who's seen Monty Python will know what I'm talking about). Don't mess with the bears or receive Kassie wrath!

Timmy was excited to get his new Pre-K/K computer game. It even includes rabbits (although I believe the video game rabbits are much less fierce than our Kassie rabbit). Just holding the box delivered pure pleasure. But his parents get the last laugh -- he'll get smarter when he plays...

WAIT...

Didn't he just get the better of me with the Manly Fluffies the other day? I'm in trouble. I'll update you later.

No comments: