Monday, April 28, 2008
Vegetable Soup Treasure Hunt
Timothy has never liked soup, so I assumed that soup must not be a "kid-friendly food" and didn't think much about it. Well Kassie has shown me the error of my ways! She LOVES soup and always eats a good bit of mine when I have it. So the other day I decided to give them vegetable soup for lunch. Kassie dug right in and was happy as can be. Timothy looked at it, wrinkled his nose and announced "I don't like corn!" I said, "Fine, don't eat the corn." He continued to examine his soup and suddenly perked up "I DO like peas!" So he ate all the peas. He then picked up a piece of celery and asked me what it was. When I told him it was celery, he asked "Do I like celery?" After I told him that yes, he did like celery (how was I supposed to know if he liked it or not? :), he ate all the celery. Lunch continued on like that with him eating his soup piece by piece and finally declaring that he did not like the "soup" (aka: broth). Fine with me, he ate all the vegetables...except of course the corn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
we have a similar soup situation. Elestren LOVES soup and it's a sneaky way of getting veg into her as she's suspicious of large pieces of vegetable. Morwenna on the other hand could eat raw veg all day long but won't really eat soup! It can be so hard keeping everyone happy and fed!
Sinead
x
Post a Comment